Inshallah at Islamic Foundation, the first day of Ramadan will be Monday, May 6, 2019. The First Taraweeh Prayers will be on Sunday, May 5, 2019 after Isha. Iqamah for the first few days of Ramadan will be at 9:40 p.m. Islamic Foundation follows the Chicago Hilal Committee to determine the start and end of Ramadan.
Inshallah, Taraweeh prayers will follow the Isha Prayers during the month of Ramadan. Sheikh Nasser Hussain and Hafidh Mustafa Farooqui will lead the Taraweeh Prayers. Please check Isha Prayer timings in the Prayer time table. You can download the Prayer Time Table by clicking on the following link:
Ramadan Arrangements and Activities
- FREE babysitting/children’s enrichment camp every night during Ramadan ( Paid by Islamic foundation )
- Nightly tafseer will take place explaining briefly what will be recited that night.
- Every Friday in Ramadan: Night youth qiyaam
- Lailatul Qadr (the night of power) should belooked for in the odd nights of the last 10 nights of Ramadan. Masjid will remain open the entire evening of the 27th and suhoor will be provided for those who stay overnight.
- Recitation will complete on the 29th night of Ramadan with a special dua’a to follow.
- Qiyaam ul Layl (Night Prayer) will take place in the last 10 nights Sheikh Nasser and local huffaaz from 12:00-Fajr.
- A Tafsir program is offered for sisters in Urdu on Mon-Fri 11 am– 1 pm.
- Bookstore and coffee shop will be open during Taraweeh
Discipline in the building
- Please maintain silence in the Masjid at all
- times and do not disturb the congregation
- Excessive socializing during Taraweeh is not acceptable or is generally prohibited.
Parking during Taraweeh
Parking can be done in front and rear parking lots. Do not use doors other than the MAIN ENTRANCE
Iftar @ Foundation
Inshallah at Islamic Foundation, Iftar will we served all days during the month of Ramadan. During the weekdays Iftar will be provided at the School Cafeteria and on Saturdays and Sundays in the Banquet Hall. You are welcome to join us with friends and families.
If you would like to sponsor an Iftar at Islamic Foundation, the following are the costs:
Weekday Iftar : $1000 (single donor), $ 500 (two donors), and $ 250 (four donors)
Sat & Sun Iftar: $ 3000 (single donor), $1000 (three donors)
You can drop your checks at the Bookstore with Br. Farooq or you can donate online at:
Itikaaf @ Foundation
- Arrangements have been made for the last 10 nights of Ramadan for brothers only
- Boys 15-18 years old need written permission from their parents
- Anyone not following the directions of the `Itikaaf coordinator will be asked to leave
- There will be an orientation session for `Itikaaf participants on 21st night of Ramadan.